Manchester to Preston by train
Leave the M61 behind and sit back and relax on the train from Manchester to Preston. Whether you’re heading in for a business meeting, visiting family or going back to uni, taking the train makes perfect sense. Keep reading to find out all the travel information you need and if you’re ready to buy your train tickets from Manchester to Preston, you can do so right here – and skip paying booking fees.
- Manchester Victoria to Blackpool North
- Manchester Victoria to Liverpool Lime Street
- Exeter to Liverpool
- Ormskirk to Liverpool Lime Streeet
- Preston (Lancs) to Blackpool North
- Chester to Llandudno
- Leeds to Warrington
- Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria
- Manchester Piccadilly to Liverpool Lime Street
Tips on how to book cheaper train tickets
Have a lie in, put the kettle on and catch a later train once the rush hour’s over. You’ll be able to take advantage of cheaper Off-Peak tickets and most likely, enjoy a quieter carriage too. Why not check our journey planner to see which train times from Manchester to Preston apply.
Ride with a Railcard
From 16 to over 60+, there’s a Railcard to suit most people. And for around £30, you can start saving 1/3 on most of your train travel for a year. It’s a no-brainer we think.
Save pounds with PlusBus
Adding a PlusBus ticket onto your booking offers a great saving against buying your tickets separately and gives you unlimited bus travel around Preston when you arrive. Perfect if you’ve got a busy day ahead.
Journey information from Manchester to Preston
- How long is the average journey duration from Manchester to Preston? 1 hour
- How long is the fastest journey duration from Manchester to Preston? 0 hours 51 minutes
- When is the first train from Manchester to Preston? 06:10
- When is the last train from Manchester to Preston? 22:10
- How many services run for Manchester to Preston today? 28
The above information is intended as a guide. It may not include timetable alterations because of engineering work, unplanned disruption etc. Please use the journey planner to plan your journey before you travel. Some tickets are subject to restrictions. Please check these before you travel.
The information above refers to direct journeys only. Other journeys may be available by changing train or by using a different London Terminal. At certain times buses may operate some of the journeys shown. Services of all operators on the route shown are included in the figures. Not all tickets may be used on all services.
On many routes, the last journey before services finish for the day departs after midnight. Where this is the case, it is this service (in the early hours of the following morning), and not the last one before midnight that is shown.